| || |
Forestry and timber news
- May, 20, 2013KWF Forsttreff at Elmia Wood
- The German forestry research institute Kuratorium für Waldarbeit und Forsttechnik (KWF) is again holding its popular Forsttreff meetings at Elmia Wood. KWF organises fairs in Germany and is constantly seeking out new innovations and ideas in forestry.
- May, 6, 2013A forest filled with innovations
- The world's biggest international forestry fair, Elmia Wood, will be bigger than ever this year. The industry is gearing up for a huge party of people and machines when manufacturers and suppliers present their latest products and innovations in the woods south of Jonkoping, Sweden from 5 to 8 June 2013.
- April, 9, 2013LesPromInform is on its way to Ligna!
- Editorial board of LesPromInform magazine has become a multiplicator of Ligna Fair. Stand of LesPromInform will belocated in Hall 27, D36.
- February, 7, 2013World Sustainable Energy Days,
27 February – 01 March 2013, Wels/Austria, www.wsed.at
- The World Sustainable Energy Days (WSED) are one of the largest annual conferences in this field in Europe, offering a unique combination of events on sustainable energy.
- November, 26, 2012Chinese Wood Market Shows Good for Import
- New figures from Wood Resources Quarterly show that China's wood imports have increased hugely over the past ten years, which is great news for those investing in sustainable forestry, claims Forestry Research Associates (FRA).
- November, 15, 2012EUMABOIS Annual Assembly: exhibitions, standards, communications
- The annual assembly of Eumabois, the European federation that gathers 14 national associations of woodworking technology, tools and accessories manufacturers, was held in Istanbul last October 12.
- November, 14, 20122nd Guangzhou International Wood and Wood Products Trade Show
- 2nd Guangzhou International Wood & Wood Products Trade Show (Wood Guangzhou 2013), the exclusive wood show in China, will be held in China Import & Export Fair Pazhou Complex during May 9-11, 2013.
- October, 10, 2011WMF 2012 & FAM 2012 Boosts Up Chinese Furniture Industry
- A Showcase of Efficient & Energy-Saving Woodworking Machinery & Materials
- August, 30, 2011Leitz received the Sequoia Award
- In July the Leitz designed RipTec machining process won the Se-quoia New Product Award in Las Vegas. This follows the IWF Chal-lengers Award won last year and is the second internationally major award presented to this new processing method.
- August, 5, 2011North American wood pellet capacity set to increase to serve markets in Europe and Asia, reports the North American Wood Fiber Review
- European demand for wood pellets has to a large extent, driven the expansion of pellet capacity in both the US and Canada the past five years.